Terms & Conditions for the letting of Endways Silver Street, Robin Hood’s Bay
- We can only accept payment by cheque in UK sterling payable to L Pearson or by Paypal.
- Please see our terms and conditions below. By making a booking we will assume you have accepted our terms. If returning the booking form electronically we will assume you have read and accepted the terms.
- No pets are allowed in the cottage unless previously agreed.
- Electricity and gas is included in the price of each letting of the cottage .
- We are not VAT registered.
- The cottage is heated by gas central heating throughout, with a combined boiler providing unlimited hot water.
- The beds have pillows, duvet and bed linen.
- Towels and tea towels are provided.
- The kitchen includes a full size cooker, dishwasher, fridge, microwave, kettle, pots and pans, cutlery, crockery, iron and ironing board. The cottage has everything you need!
- There is TV, DVD player and a music docking station in the living room. Plus a TV in the twin bedroom to watch DVD's only.
- A parking space has been paid for in the Fisherhead Carpark – please ensure that you display the disc at all times otherwise you WILL get clamped and return it to the cottage on your departure. The pass is not replaceable and if not returned we will bill you for the cost of public parking for the rest of the year (i.e. until 31st December) for all subsequent guests!
- Only cars can be parked in Fisherhead car park - vans of any type or minibuses are not permitted and will be clamped by the operators of the car park
- £100 deposit is payable at time of booking with the balance payable 6 weeks before arrival. If your booking is taken within 2 months of your holiday start date then payment is required in full. Provisional booking will only be held for 7 days. All bookings must be paid in UK sterling. If Paypal is used there may be a surcharge to cover the extra cost.
- There is no landline phone in the cottage.
- Earliest arrival time is 3pm unless otherwise agreed. Departure time is 10am to give us time to turn the cottage round again for 3pm.
- The keys are held by our caretaker Mike Asher – please make sure that you ring him at least two days prior to the start of your holiday to make arrangements for access to the cottage. Please lock the cottage on departure and post the key back through the letter box.
Conditions of Let
Please remember a reservation is a legal contract. By making a booking you are deemed to have accepted these terms.
- You agree that the cottage will be used as a holiday accommodation and for no other purpose whatsoever and you will vacate it at termination date without prior warning or process of law. The accommodation is let within the meaning of paragraph nine of the First Schedule to the Housing Act 1988 and there is no right of occupancy beyond the stated and agreed period.
- You agree that the number of people occupying the accommodation must not exceed six, without prior permission, and they must include the person named on the booking form.
- You agree that you or your visitors will not to smoke in the cottage. This is both for everyone’s comfort but is also now the law.
- You agree that you are responsible for leaving the cottage clean and tidy and undamaged for the next guests, and that you will pay for any damage or breakages at their replacement value. You agree to leave the cottage secure if left unoccupied and when you leave on the last day.
- You agree that no responsibility is accepted by us (the owners) for any accident or mishap to persons or property while engaged in any activity there from, or for any illness or injury arising from any cause whatsoever.
- We recommend that you take out holiday insurance in case you need to cancel. Should you cancel your holiday we can, if requested in writing, attempt to re-let your accommodation on your behalf. If successful we will refund any monies paid by the new hirer (please note this may not be the advertised price, especially if it is a late booking), less an administration fee of £30. If unsuccessful all monies paid will be forfeited. By booking the cottage you are deemed to have accepted these conditions.
- Whilst we make every effort to ensure that the website descriptions are accurate and that property let meet its required standards, we cannot accept responsibility for any alterations made to the property or its amenities which are beyond our reasonable control. Nor can it accept responsibility for any injury, sickness, loss, damage, additional expense or inconvenience, directly or indirectly caused by or arising out of the use or condition of the property and its appearances, plumbing, gas, electrical or otherwise, exceptional weather conditions or owner's negligence. Further, no responsibility is accepted for the personal belongings, car and its contents of the hirer or any member of the party during the holiday.
- Force Majeure
Refund payments will not apply where we cannot fulfill our obligations to our owners due to circumstances beyond our control. This would mean any event we or the owner cannot foresee with all due care, e.g. riots, war or threat of war, terrorist activity, civil strife, natural or nuclear disaster, industrial dispute, adverse weather conditions, fire epidemic or health risk and similar factors beyond our control.
- We (the owners) hereby formally disclaim any liability for any losses or injury sustained by guests or their property.
By booking the cottage you accept the holiday contract between yourselves and us (the owners) and are subject to English Law.